Prime Minister’s Youth Laptop Scheme Phase-III
Background of the Scheme
In the past, two schemes had been executed by the Higher Education Commission (PM National Laptop Scheme Phase-I and II). Under PMNLS scheme II, the Higher Education Commission was the executing agency for the program, around 500,000 laptops have been successfully distributed through transparent online system across public sector universities and technical colleges including Federal and FATA colleges. In order to maintain the transparency and information were publicly published on HEC website.
It is an established fact that a country’s economic development is determined by its intellectual capital. Pakistan is unique in the sense that almost 63% of its population is below the age of 30. This youth bulge will critically impact Pakistan as a country if not dealt with appropriately, depending on how the country invests in the youth by providing them with quality education, employment, and meaningful engagement opportunities
The Government has realized the importance of this fact and started specific programs for tapping potential of the youth, reduce unemployment by providing appropriate skills, and flourish a culture of entrepreneurship.
Introduction about Phase-III (2022-23):
The Honorable Prime Minister of Pakistan announced that government will provide laptops to talented students. The project aims to give opportunities in the form of laptops to the young and talented students studying in public sector Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) across the country and Azad Jammu & Kashmir. The project has been approved by ECNEC, as the Prime Minister Youth Laptop Scheme (PMYLS) Phase-III. In this regard, 100,000 laptops would be awarded to talented students on merit through an online transparent system. In the past, two such schemes have been successfully executed by the Higher Education Commission.
- Bringing improvement in quality of science and technology education, including ICT.
- Developing partnerships between industries and their education & training providers.
- Enabling smart campuses to facilitate instant networking and an improved learning environment.
- Boost productivity and value addition in the manufacturing sector.
- To ensure the potential of IT is fully used for benefiting the education sector.
- Increase productivity and efficiency by providing advanced IT technologies.
Contours aligned with the Vision:
- Computers are identified as one of the drivers of future development.
- Helping in achieving the digitization of every school, college, and university.
- Chipping in with the major component (i.e., devices) in the concept of Smart Campus Systems.
- Helping in exploiting the full potential of IT benefiting the education sector.
The scheme is envisioned to promote outreach of youth to information and communication technologies (ICTs) as to bridge the digital divide not only within the higher education sector but across other sectors as well, and to the communities throughout the country.
HOW TO APPLY:
Students are advised to Apply Online by Registering or Updating Profile at the following link of Students’ Service Portal. (Students can apply through web portal or through Mobile App).
Website URL: https://pmyp.gov.pk/
Students studying in public sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes and sub-campuses duly recognized by HEC
PROVISIONAL MERIT LIST PMYLS P-III 2022-23:
PROVISIONAL MERIT LIST PMYLS P-III 2022-23 (SINDH AGRICULTURE UNIVERSITY, TANDOJAM & ALL SAU CAMPUSES)